Saturday, November 27, 2010

An Extended Absence

Sorry to disappear for so long. After being sick, there was a crazy weekend filled with antics (not my antics but those of mine and other residents) then there was Thanksgiving and all that comes with it. All and all a very interesting combination of things. So more or less updating the blog took a backseat. But now I catch at least a few moments of relaxation while I'm working a wedding reception. It's honestly my favorite. (NO) But I will get back to that event later. Instead, I will focus on what this blog is about, being an RA. So my crazy fun filled weekend (last weekend) was crazy and fun filled. Sort of. Friday night led to lots of fun with progressive dinner. A program that did a wonderful job at stressing me out more than I would like to admit. Mostly because of a great combination of I did way too much alone and didn't ask for help and people left me alone and didn't offer help. Lets just say cooking dinner for 50 people is no walk in the part. I did enjoy the food though. I'm a good cook. :) Or at lead I have enough skills to keep me on top for now. Especially in college where the majority of people can barely open soup. Much less cook it. Thankfully that night on duty was mostly calm. I wish the same could be said for Saturday night. On Saturday night there was a party. It was one of the biggest parties of the year and mishap was bound to occur...but let me tell you something...don't ever say "Oh, nothing happens in my dorm" Because if you say that, it will backfire. In my case it backfired horribly. Lets just say I am really glad I have a strong stomach. It actually came in handy in that incident. Lucky me. After calls to the duty phone and anti-disease spray and lots of sorb-it life was pretty much back to normal. But more or less it was enough to keep me on edge for the rest of the night. Sunday came with noisy excited residents obviously ready for the break. That weekend was enough to keep me exhausted for the following week. And then the holiday came and now I'm back at school working at my second job. I am baby sitting a reception. You know, making sure they don't destroy the building and such. As of now my stomach is growling and I need food. My 8am bowl of rice crispies are not holding out and the worst part is I can smell the food from the reception. I don't know what it is but I want it. I will have to contain myself because I can't have it and I'm going to dinner in 3 hours or so. Depending on when they leave. Also the elevator music they are playing is slightly annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment